Friday, March 13, 2009

Feeling really good, for just this week

Ok, I am on spring break currently so things have been pretty nice. Spent lots of time with the boy, friends from high school (still recovering from that one), did some work in the job hunting, went to see an art museum exhibit on kimonos which was goddamn amazing. Currently life is good. I am thinking about attempting to take up martial arts....again...ish. I talked to my boy's instructor and he assured me we could work around the knee issues easily. His instructor is awesome and made me feel very welcome when i sat in and watched a class, now I just have to get the guts up to join in. The boy keeps saying it will be a good place for me to battle some of my shy issues and he would really like to see me go for it since I want to do it but am a total pansy (I tried to chicken out on going and participating, then I shafted myself out of a car and couldn't go to class anyways) I have no fear of pain, just lots of people I don't know. I decided I want to do this because I need something my brain must focus on as a way to give my brain a break from all the oher things it focuses on, on a daily basis, because I've become rather pathetic and will cry at the least upsetting thing. But I will say it is amazing how just thanking the Gods for the good things you had during the day does definitely help (when I remember to do it). So I leave you with song lyrics from a song I rediscovered amongst my musical collection and my comentary on it. It pretty much sums up my beliefs on life right now.

I believe the sun should never set upon an argument (don't want to go to bed grumpy)
I believe we place our happiness in other people's hands (yeah, kinda)
I believe that junk food tastes so good because it's bad for you (so true)
I believe your parents did the best job they knew how to do (some do better then others)
I believe that beauty magazines promote low self-esteem (damn straight they do)
I believe I'm loved when I'm completely by myself alone (you have to love yourself)
I believe in Karma what you give is what you get returned (what goes around comes around)
I believe you can't appreciate real love until you've been burned(I imagine its true)
I believe the grass is no more greener on the other side (mmmhmm)
I believe you don't know what you've got until you say goodbye (so very true)

I believe you can't control or choose your sexuality (yup)
I believe that trust is more important than monogamy (I've come to realize the truth of this statement very much, so much less drama when everyone is honest)
I believe your most attractive features are your heart and soul (I don't give one damn about the skin coverings of a person)
I believe that family is worth more than money or gold (doesnt have to be blood related)
I believe the struggle for financial freedom is unfair (fuck yes it is)
I believe the only ones who disagree are millionaires (oh yeah)

I believe in Karma what you give is what you get returned
I believe you can't appreciate real love until you've been burned
I believe the grass is no more greener on the other side
I believe you don't know what you've got until you say goodbye

I believe forgiveness is the key to your unhappiness (eh, yes and no)
I believe that wedded bliss negates the need to be undressed (but the being undressed part is so much fun)
I believe that God does not endorse TV evangelists (They sure as hell don't)
I believe in love surviving death into eternity (its a nice idea if nothing else)

I believe in Karma what you give is what you get returned
I believe you can't appreciate real love until you've been burned
I believe the grass is no more greener on the other side
I believe you don't know what you've got until you say goodbye

No comments: