Thursday, October 9, 2008

Plant Post!!!

Yay! I get to talk about my plants again!!! This week I think I will talk about my mini orange tree. Yes you read that right. I'm so excited because its grown a new branch from the base. when I first got it sent to me the little tree (it was an itty bitty thing and sparse as all hell) came out of the soil then veered off significantly in one direction and as it started filling out and growing more leaves I began to picture me having to prop it against a wall to make it stand upright cause its going to end up being about 5 feet tall (its still in its baby pot though the tree might be a bit taller than 7 or 8 inches from soil up). But finally near the veer off point it has grown another branch that will hopefully balance it out as it gets bigger so there won't be any falling over in the middle of the night like one of my amarylis plants did). the new branch is still this almost neon-y green color and the leaves feel so much more delicate than the other older leaves. Its so cute!!!! Right now its chilling at the parents house because it is a tropical plant and my apt is rather cold at night. As soon as I get all the insulating projects done I'm going to bring it back.

Blueberry's leaves are starting to change from that super pale/tan and pinkish to bright redish leaves its so pretty. Still don't know what to do with it once the leaves go away though.

And the Impatient dumpster plant is the most delicate breakable plant I have ever seen, every time I take it down to water, it comes down in a shower of leaves, stems, and petals. It also needs a pot transplant because the pot its in now is cracking and leaks water but I think I am going to need help with that cause its a rather big plant.

No comments: